How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible to stop state from taking the inheritance

Customer Question

Is it possible to stop state from taking the inheritance that was left to my sister and I eve though she is not named in the wil
She has since passed away the state already took over $400,000 of her assets when she was no longer able the cost of the nursing home. is there anything we can do to get even part of thi settlement. I am disabled and am on a fixed income, which is to the point where I have to pay for medicine or food can you please let me know if there is any hope. I can't afford a lawyer so if you could just let me know if there is any hope
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. I may take a moment to research or clarify issues. Okay?

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Can you provide more detail: Who died first? Was there a will? Was there an estate administration? Did both of you inherit and then your sister died? It is a bit confusing. We can chat on the phone if you want (there is an additional charge for a phone call). Or we can continue here with you giving more information. Just let me know.