How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42871
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

That I become the personal representative of the estate.

Customer Question

That I become the personal representative of the estate. Sell the house (value $100,000 to $150,000) divide it between we three siblings. Take over cash in the deposit accounts of $24,522.
Note: I have been maintaining the house during the last two years of the parents lives and for the last 6 years. My out of pocket expenses have been over $30,000.)Though the Plea Bargain may sound reasonable, the Administrator (sister) never mentioned the lions share of the estate in her accounting. I.e;
Insurance policies (life):
First Tennessee - Death
First Tennessee - accident (My Moms death occurred shortly after she fell
(it was a consequence of her fall).
List of Investments:
1) Shares in Alliance - #00000554
2-11-1990 (###) ###-#### 1,938 shares.
1- 28-1991 (###) ###-#### 2,784 shares.
2) Pine Webber Act XJ60687
Cherokee Professional 282 Maryville, TN 37_ _ _
Amount in Saving Account at the time of my Dads death?
Question: Would these omissions qualify as contempt?
Would a forensic of the above be difficult?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: The above is my response to your question: what was the plea bargain
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not at the moment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

The executor here is personally liable for any misdeeds and self dealing.They may be removed and a judgment entered here against them personally.If any assets remain that they have coming to them as heir they can be taken by the court to satisfy the court.The executor here has not kept up her fiduciary duties here and you can take action through the probate court.A forensic audit would be ordered here by the court so that you can go through all of this and determine the amount of the losses to the estate.You have great facts to pursue removal and sue her if you need to in order recover the assets and remove her as executor.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

And contempt here might be in play but usually you just sue the executor and remove them from office here and courts orders full accounting.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate here 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.