Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My parents put their house in their 4 childrens' names 15-20

Customer Question

My parents put their house in their 4 childrens' names 15-20 years ago. My father passed away and mother is in assisted living with a diagnosis of early alzheimers. she has been going to a lawyer against our wishes. We have contacted the lawyer several times telling him she's not in her right mind but he continues to service our mom. She now wants to take the house back so she can sell it and keep the money. Is this possible.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

The house is not titled in her name. She has no ability to get it back unless you all deed it back, which is all within your control.

If your mom needs help you may wish to have a guardian appointed to care for her and make decisions for her, as the condition may also render her disabled and unable to make decisions at all.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly let me know if that is clear. Tried to expedite for you.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Please take a moment to rate me five stars.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

and if I may clarify anything at all, ask me.