How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7346
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an inheritance involving a trust fund. It is part of

Customer Question

I have an inheritance involving a trust fund. It is part of an SEC corporation. I have a buyer who has a felony conviction who wants to purchase the corporate shares from me. Is it legal for a felon to control the trust fund of an sec corporation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 1 year ago.

The SEC prohibits a felon from controlling such a corporation so I believe the proposed transaction would be illegal.

Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest however that you confirm with certainty it is an SEC corporation and that the offering is one the SEC specifically excludes felons from being able to control. I hope this helps. All the best, David

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am another expert here. Your previous expert has opted out of this question. There is also an indication that you have requested a phone call. I can offer that; however there is an additional cost. If you are interested in proceeding further please send me a reply.