How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2249
Experience:  Experience in estate planning including wills, trusts and succession planning.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandmother left me a part of her estate she passed away

Customer Question

my grandmother left me a part of her estate she passed away in 2005. The thing is it involves property. I can't get my money until its sold. What can i do to get my money now ? She owned a farm with 3 other partners so she had 2/5 the other 3 had 1/5 each and im one of 9 grandchildren that one of her 1/5 was given to .The property has already been appraised my share should be around $20,000.00 market value now. i won like to get this and invest for my future.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. Unfortunately, unless a person wants to do business with an inheritance cash advance company, until the property is sold the funds can not be distributed. The other owners could agree to all pay you an equal amount of your portion or one other owner can buy you out, but there is nothing a beneficiary can do to compel the other beneficiaries to buy him/her out.

There are cash advance companies that will provide loan's against a beneficiary's expected inheritance. It is not something I would suggest doing but is an option.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I realize this was not the answer you were hoping to receive however I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.