Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

How are you, I am having a lot of issues with property, My

Customer Question
Hi how are you JA: I'm...
Hi how are you
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: I am having a lot of issues with property
JA: What is your issue regarding?
Customer: My father owned a house but gaveot to me eldest brother years aago
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I live in nj
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I live with my brother and dad as of now
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My dad has a life time residency
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need.to know.a.few.things, first can my dad get my brother off the deed, because he does not want him on there because he is not doing the right things and when my dad dies, the house was suppose to get split evenly with my sister,two brothers, and self, not my brother says he is not doing that. Yhe major issue is my dad has it in writting that he can live at the house until he dies. And my dad wants me to live here with him but my brother is trying to kick me out against my dads wishes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to add my father has many health issues, I'm his care giver and have joint power of attorney physical and financial
8/14/2016
Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

If your father has deed the property to your brother, even though he has retained what is called a "life estate", your father no longer controls what happens with the house. Your brother does. That is the law in New Jersey. I will be happy to offer you a telephone consultation to discuss this by phone later this morning. Otherwise, if this answer is sufficient, please click on a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney