How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 yrs of professional experience.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dads wife wants to exclude us from my deceased dads will

Customer Question

My dad passed two months ago in OK. We buried him in Deleon TX though. I have seen his will about 20 yrs ago. Now his wife of 18 yrs says there wasn't one and wants to exclude some of us from his estate. How can I find his will? I held it in my hands.
I have not talked to a lawyer yet.
My dad didn't want to be buried in Deleon.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
In OKLA, upon your father's passing, the Will must be filed in the District Court in the county where he lived. So, you will need to check there periodically to see if whoever was named as an executor in the Will opens a probate proceeding there to get court authority to administer the estate. Also, if the Will was revoked by dad after he made it, then you may still be entitled to receive an inheritance as per OK's intestate laws.
See this link: