How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2562
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a will that a lawyer prepared. I want to change. it,

Customer Question

I have a will that a lawyer prepared. I want to change. it , can I write on a piece of paper my wishes of you gets what and just get it notirized. I live inFlorida
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am here to help you on your question. You cannot write on a piece of paper your wishes and get it notarized, that will not work to change the will. You would have to formally draft a codicil to the will and execute it, exactly the same way you did when you executed your will. Further, it could lead to confusion and ambiguity. It would behoove you to involve your attorney again even though it will cost you money. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Related Estate Law Questions