How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2580
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for a form that states I am signing over my

Customer Question

Hello, I am looking for a form that states I am signing over my part of a home that I inherited. I want it to state that I'm signing over my inherited share of the home to my mother.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: But this is the only part of my inheritance that I want to renounce
JA: Are we your first resource? And has anything been filed in court?
Customer: thank you
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't live in the same state where the property is located
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I understand that you want to renounce your inheritance of a certain piece of property. What state and county is the property? What state and property does the owner live? Is the owner deceased? Has there been a probate proceeding?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Property is located in the the united states. State Of Louisiana Parish of Orleans, the owner of the home is deceased. He lived in the State of Louisiana, Parish Of Orleans. There has not been any proceedings. I am one of four siblings and I am signing over my inherited share to my mother.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I have in Katy, Texas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant, I live in Katy, Texas
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Let me see if I can locate a form for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would really appreciate it very much!
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I called the probate clerk and she told me that there are no set forms that the court can provide. I found two links for you that have a copy of a form. But you would have to draft and adapt them for yourself. This is the best I can do from this site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those are the exact forms I have already
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.

If you already have the forms, that's good. do you have further questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I basically paid $36 for you to send me a link to forms I already had. Wow How do I request a refund?
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.

You can request the refund from customer service. If you already had the form, why did you ask for the same form? I spent time and searching and even call the probate department for you. Because you want a refund, I will not get pay for the time I spend helping you. So please reconsider.

Related Estate Law Questions