Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

After all these years, is it possible to get a copy of a

Customer Question
Trust set up in 1996...
After all these years, is it possible to get a copy of a Trust set up in 1996 by Alliance for Mature Americans?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
8/9/2016
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You can try here, send a demand letter to them at this address..

Alliance For Mature Americans

(###) ###-####a href="http://www.bbb.org/central-california-inland-empire/business-reviews/estate-planning-and-management/alliance-for-mature-americans-in-fresno-ca-19000776#additional-phone-pop" target="_blank">View Additional Phone Numbers285 W. Shaw, Ste. 203, Fresno, CA 93704

Cite the law here

6061.5. (a) A trustee shall provide a true and complete copy ofthe terms of the irrevocable trust, or irrevocable portion of thetrust, to each of the following: (1) Any beneficiary of the trust who requests it, and to any heirof a deceased settlor who requests it, when a revocable trust or anyportion of a revocable trust becomes irrevocable because of the deathof one or more of the settlors of the trust, when a power ofappointment is effective or lapses upon the death of a settlor underthe circumstances described in paragraph (3) of subdivision (a) ofSection 16061.7, or because, by the express terms of the trust, thetrust becomes irrevocable within one year of the death of a settlorbecause of a contingency related to the death of one or more of thesettlors of the trust. (2) Any beneficiary of the trust who requests it, whenever thereis a change of trustee of an irrevocable trust. (3) If the trust is a charitable trust subject to the supervisionof the Attorney General, to the Attorney General, if requested, whena revocable trust or any portion of a revocable trust becomesirrevocable because of the death of one or more of the settlors ofthe trust, when a power of appointment is effective or lapses uponthe death of a settlor under the circumstances described in paragraph(3) of subdivision (a) of Section 16061.7, or because, by theexpress terms of the trust, the trust becomes irrevocable within oneyear of the death of a settlor because of a contingency related tothe death of one or more of the settlors of the trust, and wheneverthere is a change of trustee of an irrevocable trust. (b) The trustee shall, for purposes of this section, rely upon anyfinal judicial determination of heirship. However, the trustee shallhave discretion to make a good faith determination by any reasonablemeans of the heirs of a deceased settlor in the absence of a finaljudicial determination of heirship known to the trustee.

You certainly can demand a copy of the trust as a beneficiary or potential beneficiary.They have to provide it if they are trustee.I would also look in the county deed records where the person resided.Often they will record a trust in the deed records where it will not become lost.If that is the case you can get a certified copy of it here from the clerk of the county deed records.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again and the best here.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney