How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neice and I are the trustees on my sister's house which

Customer Question

My neice and I are the trustees on my sister's house which her husband also has trustees to his children
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Hawaii
JA: Has any paperwork been filed in court? And what is your ideal outcome for the situation?
Customer: My sister passed away last year and her husband is living by himself in that house as a survivor. He ask us to share the property tax with him since we are the trustees because. He promised he will take care of everything about the house. We are not living there but do we have to pay property tax?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: His childrens are also trustees of the house.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you provide me a bit more information? Does her husband have a life estate to the property?

Related Estate Law Questions