How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 56919
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We were paid Purchased by brother. .per acre also 2 siblings

Customer Question

We were paid for land Purchased by brother. For 275.per acre also 2 siblings pd. Equal amt. Siblings have cashed checks..we have not..reason..have been to court ;..mother said we could we farmed for same price.of 275.per acre. Siblings won't sell to us. ..we are fighting it in court. Brother Bruce died in November 2015. Since he has passed is there a time frame for us to cash it. Will it become null and void..?? Is there something we can do to put check in a holding fund we don't know of court outcome..and want to make sure we don't lose the money. Donna
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

A check is generally only good for 6 months. Beyond that the bank will not honor it. You may need to pursue recovery either by negotiation or through the court.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Tried to expedite for you. Please click on a good or excellent rating, and welcome to follow up after rating!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

thank you in advance.