How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41577
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father recently passed away and he had a trust set up in

Customer Question

my father recently passed away and he had a trust set up in which i am the trustee but my stepmother will not allow me to see the original trust
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You may need a local lawyer here to send a demand letter threatening legal action if the trust and any related items are not forwarded to you as trustee of the trust.You have legal right to these and you sue here as trustee if you have to and trust pays the legal fees and costs since you are the trustee here under Missouri law.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can rate 5 stars it is always much appreciated.