How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a power of attorney from my aunt to claim the saving

Customer Question

I have a power of attorney from my aunt to claim the saving account in bank of america,of which bank of america turn the money to the state of california for it was inactive for several years. NOw, my aunt die several months ago, and her four children want me to be an executor of this
account to claim it. I went to Bank of america and present my power of Attorney and they said that they need a executor certificate from the court
that I am the executor of the estate. Is there a application form that
I fill-in to file it with the probate court ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. My condolences for your loss.

Is there a last will left by your aunt?

Related Estate Law Questions