How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am one of two beneficiaries of my parent’s trust. I live

Customer Question

I am one of two beneficiaries of my parent’s trust. I live in one of 3 homes in a gated community. I own my home, one of the other two is owned by ‘my’ company, currently in the hands of the trustee. The third home was recently sold by the trustee to an ‘angry’ family who has left the grounds unkempt and allowed the weeds to grow, making it an eyesore in the neighborhood. They also park one of their cars on the 'lawn'.Their escrow closed March 3, 2016 and they moved in about 2 months later. I objected to the sale prior to escrow on the basis that this family didn’t belong in our gated community since they wanted to wall if off, thus destroying the character of the compound. Their offer was below market, yet the trustee was in a hurry to sell. (For no good reason since the estate tax was already paid) The tenants in the second house are also unhappy with the situation, as is the rest of the neighborhood. We have heard screaming coming from the house and don’t wish to confront them.Do I have any options available to seek remedy from the trustee or his realtor?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

What I can tell you is that you may have a remedy in the form of a breach of the trust agreement itself or based in a common law tort action. However, the answer will depend on your State's law and will require some research on my part. I will send you an offer for additional services. If you think it to be fair, go ahead an accept it and I will get started. If you want to wait and try for another expert, please click the "opt out" button to be taken back to the general pool of experts.