Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My sister passed away Dec 24, 2015.I really do know if she

Customer Question
had a will . she...
My sister passed away Dec 24, 2015.I really do know if she had a will . she had a pick-up truck. Her landlord told me she wanted me to have. Can you help me get the title. Plz call me at 903 - 806 -8391.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
7/18/2016
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Attorney

You may file a discontinuance with the clerks office. If they have not responded, you may do it on your own by notice of discontinuance. If they responded, by stipulation, which I assume they wont mind signing. You may also do so at next scheduled court date.

I am sorry for your loss.

First have to determine if there is a will.

This includes checking with family, lawyer, etc to see if one exists which controls how assets pass.

If there is no will, cannot simply follow her wishes orally, but assets pass intestate to next of kin. This involves being appointed adminstrator and proceeding with adminstration of the estate.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to talk to someone

I am not set up for a call, but please write back and let me know what I may add or clarify. glad to do it

awaiting your reply, thanks.

Infolawyer, Attorney