How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 56919
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently got engaged and planning to get married in the

Customer Question

I recently got engaged and planning to get married in the following year. My concern is regarding assets. I have assets including property, savings, and retirement. I read that in California, you do not need a prenup to keep your assets prior to marriage in case of a divorce. Is this true or is it better to contact a lawyer instead for a prenup? Can I get a prenup without an attorney? What happens if I sell my house after we get married and buy another property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
It is suggested getting a pre nup. It should be prepared by a lawyer to avoid a layer challenge to it. They are not expensive. Also should keep pre marriage assets titled in own name and never add spouse name to title even after pre and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer Good or higher.Enjoy your Sunday.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly click on an excellent rating. Have a wonderful week.