Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

My husband died and left me with $50.000 debts. we always

Customer Question

my husband died and left me with $50.000 debts. we always kept our finances separate and filed taxes separate . He does not own any property but I own houses before I married him and it's in my name only. Can the creditors put a lein on my property?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

No, as long as you did not co-sign on your husband's debts. Generally all debts incurred solely in the name of a spouse are separate debts.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.