How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42824
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My parents put there home under our younger sisters name so

Customer Question

My parents put there home under our younger sisters name so not to have any problems after they passed, but she recieved moneys for repairs on the home so the home can be sold in good condition . I have learned that the home is now up for rent and not for sale to be divided between the four children .
is there anything that can be done to fix this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

The rest of the siblings can sue her to force sale of property and division of funds.You would argue all the siblings are the equitable owners, that parents intended for all of you to share in the sale of property.You will need a a local lawyer to file suit for quiet title.The court can award you all undivided legal title and can partition which means court ordered sale.All the remaining siblings have rights here through the courts to remedy this situation.You would want to file suit asap and get this resolved.

I am so sorry that you have had to deal with this, I know it is frustrating.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

AVV0 has lawyer referral and ratings, plug in the city where house is located.You want a wills and probate lawyer.

I wish you good luck here in court.