How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34438
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a relative has property and writes in her will to give it

Customer Question

If a relative has property and writes in her will to give it me after passing, would this suffice as a legal doc? we will be getting this notarized. thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Which state?
Is this a handwritten will?
Is it witnessed and signed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
texas, it's a pdf form i found on the internet, and it will be notarized with witnesses.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

So long as it is properly executed and witnessed then it would presumably be effective to leave the property to you when it is admitted and goes through probate.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.