How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 56903
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother died about 2 years ago. My brother is the executor

Customer Question

My mother died about 2 years ago. My brother is the executor of her. He sold my mother's house one year ago, but still hasn't distributed the proceeds to his siblings per instructions in my mother's will. He keeps saying he doesn't have enough time. What options do we (the siblings) have?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can demand he account and distribute immediately by lawyer letter. If he does not you may sue him in court to get an accounting and distribution. Normally, the will would be probated on notice and everyone would get notice who has interest in the property.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly click on an excellent rating. Have a wonderful week.