How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19127
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Okay so here's the Scoop my mother-in-law was out of a job

Customer Question

Okay so here's the Scoop my mother-in-law was out of a job so I moved into her house to help her with the bills by completely taking over the bills and on top of that giving her $200 a week to play with I know that that can be chalked up as a gift but after all of that she turned around and moved out met a guy who persuaded her to try to evict us and kick us out it didn't work so she filed an injunction stating that I said that I was going to kill her with no such words came out of my mouth and my five year old daughter was beside me during the entire conflict and she even tried to get my daughter to lie to the cops on me with she absolutely refused saying no I am not going to lie on my daddy that is wrong and I do not lie but the injunction was passed and we ended up getting kicked out of the house after it was agreed that we would take over payments and it was all legally written up and in a file folder with the day of conflict she went through our stuff and stole all those documents back which included a written and signed agreement with my signature my wife's signature and her signature and this took such a big impact on my daughter that she has to see a psychologist and has to be on medication just so she can focus in school and now she is back in diapers because she wets the bed every night and she was completely out of diapers and fully potty-trained before hand so it caused a deep mental scar on my daughter which is 5 now she was four at the time well just turned 4 the injunction still stands on me but she dropped the injunction on my wife come to find out she's had a personal Vendetta against me from day one and I have done nothing but try to help her our car even clocked out on us driving her all over town so she can get into a new vehicle and no sooner did she get into the new vehicle she left us high and dry with no vehicle no ride and refused to help and told us it wasn't her problem but yet it was our problem when she wanted our help... I just don't know what to do I am so lost please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question.

What is your specific question so that I can try to answer it?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well this whole ordeal has caused me and my family a great deal of mental distress and it has caused me to be Baker acted twice and my daughter which is 5 now suffers and now has anger problems because of it can I sue her and if so how do I go about doing that and if it all possible I would like to hire you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter is seeing a psychologist and she says that it has made a dramatic impact in her mental development and this is her grandmother that has caused all of this
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry once more for all your difficulties.

This site does not offer legal representation. So, you cannot hire me. Thank you anyway.

You can file lawsuit against your mother for intentional infliction of emotional distress. However, in order to prevail on a claim of Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, you need to show that (1) your mother acted intentionally or recklessly; (2) that your mother's actions were extreme and outrageous;(3) that your mother's actions were the cause (4) of your daughter's (and yours) severe emotional distress, which would be evidenced by you going to doctors for medical treatment or seeking therapy. If you cannot prove all the four factors above, you would not prevail in your lawsuit for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys who handles civil litigation to assist you with the case:

Best wishes,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Estate Law Questions