How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask California Lawyer Your Own Question
California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 1041
Experience:  Licensed to practice law in California
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
California Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my sister name was on my moms account and she removed a

Customer Question

If my sister name was on my moms account and she removed a large amount of money from the account without my moms permission, can something be done to have return the money? No, she's not power of attorney, I have power of attorney.
Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I’m a family lawyer and appellate attorney with 36 years’ experience and also have extensive experience with landlord-tenant issues, contract law, and other types of law. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information for educational purposes and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.

At the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Are you okay with rating me at the end of this session?

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.

Will pass this to another expert.

Expert:  California Lawyer replied 1 year ago.


Yes, I would report the taking to the police. They will investigate. Of course, the circumstances of why she was on the account in the first place will be relevant, but if its truly a theft, that is the way to go.

I hope this helps.