How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19333
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ******** obtained USA citizenship from me when I was a

Customer Question

My ******** obtained USA citizenship from me when I was a (*) year old child , she/he never asked my permission, she/he simply obtained it by having me sign something. I abandoned me and my ******* when I was a baby , I ended up having an extremely harsh child hood growing up alone in the USA.
After her/his obtaining permanent legal status through me, she/he later was able to make a lot of money by having unlimited access to the USA and being afforded the rights of conducting business as an American national. I'm now (*) years old , she/he seems to have some ongoing permanent grudge against me and my existence , I think it has to do with her/his having been nice enough to pay my rent for the last (*) years since I would have otherwise been homeless all this time. She/He has now decided to break her/his company up into separate shares so she/he won't be the only share holder and to protect her/his company and money from me should I ever decide to place a lawsuits against him , by doing this he is making my other (*) half brothers partners, but leaving me out. Besides me not being P****** like her/him, and besides my not having been born in P****** to a P******** woman like his other children, and my having cost him a lot of money over the years and continuing to cost her/him money , and besides my being poor , uneducated , and not holding a college degree unlike her/his other (*) children , I'm not sure what it is she/he has against me or why she/he hates me so much. Anyhow , what, if anything , can I do about:
#1 getting restitution from her/his having earned all this money after my giving her/him usa citizenship
#2 see that her/his USA visa and her/his children's USA visa are revoked if it comes to be that they all obtained it through me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  jludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

I am very sorry you have been and continue to be treated so harshly by your father.

You cannot have their US visa or citizenship stripped.

There was no fraud. As a minor child your father had the legal authority over you to claim your US citizenship on your behalf and you never renounced it as an adult before he and his family obtained immigration benefits.

The USCIS limits revocation to very few grounds, such as terrorism, taking an official position in the government of another country; providing financial support to a country whose mission is to destroy the US/

What you may be able to do is to still hold some interest in his estate when he dies.

I would suggest you allow e to change this question to the category of Estate Law.

Please don't respond or it will delay the move. There is no better revenge that finding a way to get some of his money when you cannot get his put out of the county!


Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

A different Professional here.

I am so sorry for being the bearer of bad news here. However, I do not see any recourse for you.

Your parent cannot be forced to give you part of his/her estate. Your parent cannot be forced to give you shares of her company or put you in her Will. Your parent can legally and intentionally omit you from her Will. Your parent has no legal duty to leave you anything on her Will. That is the current state of the law.

Your parent's along with her other children's citizenship through you cannot be revoked because it was legitimately obtained.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you both , I went from knowing nothing on this subject to now knowing a lot
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You are quite Welcome!

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.