How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19122
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I apply an appointed executor or administrator

Customer Question

how do I apply for becoming an appointed executor or administrator for my father's estate whu just recently passed away?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my father did not leave a will or a beneficiary for his retirement plan accounts with the office where he worked. Although my father has informed me that he was able to put my name as his beneficiary, but now, his office informed me that he did not leave any. They are requiring me to submit a copy of Letters Testementary issued by the court appointing as executor or administrator for my dad's estate. How should I go about this.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

On the California Courts web sites, go to forms and scroll down to Probate-Decedents Estates and choose form DE-111.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.