How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37097
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Court order with the state of Illinois in the

Customer Question

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I have a Court order with the state of Illinois in the circuit court of the 19Th judicial circuit of lake county.I been appointed plenary guardian of the estate of a disabled person.Her mother is over person. She just told me that she when in to the front desk and they gave her back guardian over her estate. will they do something like that with out us going back to court.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.


That is extremely unlikely unless the court doesn't have any way to contact you as the plenary guardian to give you notice of some type of motion made by the mother to terminate your guardianship. Since you are appointed by the judge, only the judge can remove you and you are entitled to notice of the petition so you can appear and contest it.


So if she is just telling you this, I would suggest contacting the court and finding out whether there was some type of formal action taken without you getting notified.





Related Estate Law Questions