How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacEsq Your Own Question
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16334
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
ScottyMacEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im no typer my daughter my executor will she died 3 months

Customer Question

im no typer my daughter my executor for my will she died 3 months ago i also have a son how do i change it also i have 5 grand kids that they split equal shares
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

You don't need to change the will itself if you're only making minor changes to the will. Rather, you can include what's known as a "codicil". Basically it's a document that changes specific portions of the will, such as executor, beneficiaries, etc...

You can find a form to do this here:

It would need to be witnessed, signed, notarized the same way that your original will was. But you don't need have a new will to designate a new executor and change beneficiaries.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Related Estate Law Questions