How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am presently separated from my Fiancée,we were engaged

Customer Question

I am presently separated from my Fiancée,we were engaged for 11 years. We purchased a home together, (my name was on title). I made mortgage payments monthly and all other household pymts( we split the mtg pymts and utilities). I was beneficiary on all his 401K, stocks etc. We were both POA's for each other.
I left the relationship due to distress. He presently has the home and states that I have no rights to anything. I helped him after his divorce by paying rent on our home for two years, we built what we have today together.
Do I have a legal right to obtain any financial help from him to start over?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Do you have anything in writing from him, to show/evidence an agreement to repay you anything? I know you are on title to the home, so you 100% have a legal right and interest in it but want to get more information, if possible, since you are essentially asking if he has to pay you any type of support

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Hi, are you still with me?