How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 56563
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To all, My mother is 89 years old and has set aside a

Customer Question

To all,
My mother is 89 years old and has set aside a certificate of deposit (in my name) payable upon her death for me and my wife.
In the event she has to go into a full time care facility would that full time care facility get the certificate of deposit funds as well even if it is my name?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

The facility would only seek access to it if learns of it, and sizable amount, and still in her name.

Better if she transfers out of her name and places in a trust for your benefit.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate me positively, and feel free to follow up.