How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

From the recent sale of my home that i had before i married

Customer Question

From the recent sale of my home that i had before i married my second husband i would like to give it to my son to purchase a home?condo so in the future if my husband has to go into assisted care it would reduse my assets to apply for medicaid for him after his money is used up that he has which is not much. I know the look back is 5 years so i am planning for the future now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I apologize, but I am not sure exactly what your specific question is regarding this proposed transaction, if I understand your post correctly, you are looking at transferring assets well in advance of the 5 year medicare lookback, but I do not know what other information you need at this point.