Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My wife and are separated and i live somewhere else. she

Customer Question
won't allow me to take...
my wife and are separated and i live somewhere else. she won't allow me to take my personal property. what can i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
6/10/2016
Estate Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You have to file a Writ for Immediate Possession of Property with the Court. The Court will shedule a hearing and Order the return of your property to you. Normally the Court will schedule a time when you can go to the house and retrieve your property. When you go do not go alone. Contact the Sheriff's office to see if they will escort you to make sure no false allegations are made against you.

Here is the form that you need:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/cd100.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwijvNfTwJzNAhUKpR4KHS-cCuAQFgghMAM&usg=AFQjCNELbMcS7hQCdwZoxv9STJCuNEJWAg&sig2=89HLRZs5iTGixlcGYE-thg

You can find most of the forms you need on the Superior Court self help website:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp.htm

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer