How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother passed away December 13, 2015 and her condo had a

Customer Question

My mother passed away December 13, 2015 and her condo had a reverse mortgage which we (my sister and I) are trying to return back to the bank as a deed in lieu. We have a copy of her will along with a copy of her Durable Power of Atty. The bank is saying we may need to have her will probated (state of Florida) .
Can you help me with this. They are saying they need proof that we have the right to give the deed back to them. Were we required to file her will with the County within 3 months of her death?
Thank you.
Stephanie Wingate ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Do I understand correctly that no one has filed a probate case to settle mother's estate?


Does mother have other assets in her name like vehicles or bank accounts?