How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband passed 2 weeks ago.s name was on the house but so

Customer Question

my husband passed 2 weeks ago.his name was on the house but so was mine. why do i need the name of an executor or personal representative.a legal document reflecting executor or representatives right to represent my home. what is a document that may be titled letters , of administration, or letters of representation ,testamentary letters. would proof of ownership be payments made in the pass. please help me. i don't know. thank you!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear of your recent loss;

what state is this in regards to?
Did your husband have a will?
Was the property held as "joint tenants with right of survivorship?"