How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother in law is named executor of my father in laws

Customer Question

my brother in law is named executor of my father in laws will. Father in law has a family trust. He passed away in Jan and lived in texas along with my brother in law, who was to bring his ashes up to wisconsin for burial. Since feb, we have been unable to contact him. Cant get calls through, not responding to text messages, facebook, etc. I found out hes living in my father in laws house through the police after I called them. The will states the estate is to be devided 50/50. It has been over 4 months. Dont know what to do legally. Please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Has anyone submitted the will for probate?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?