How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42879
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have property that was in mine and my husbands' name. He

Customer Question

I have property that was in mine and my husbands' name. He passed away and the land now has my name and our minor sons' name on it. I want to sell the property, how can I do this with my minor sons' name on it and at what age is he old enough to sign it back over to me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome tip o JA. Ray here to help you today.

He would have to be 18 years of age to sign a valid quit claim deed here.You could open a legal guardianship through the courts if you need to do it sooner.

Here is more information about guardianship.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

The majority of North Carolina guardianship laws are located under Chapter 35A of the NC Statutes. The chapter provides procedures for the guardianship of incapacitated adults, minors, and for the estate. You can complete listing of NC guardianship law at the following link.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Here you would be appointed to sign as guardian for the child and hold any of their proceeds from a sale.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.