How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband died without a will. I have a signed letter by m

Customer Question

My husband died without a will. I have a signed letter by him stating he leaves our home and other property to me. What do I have to do to get my name on the house? He had no other assets and this was our martial home.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Was the letter witnessed? Where and when was it signed?

Did he leave any children?

How is title to the house held as stated on the deed?