How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter inherited money from my father and in s will he

Customer Question

My daughter inherited money from my father and in his will he stated that my daughter would not receive her inheritance before the age of 21. She received it when she turned 18 and spent it all. My dad's wife was his personal representative. Is there any recourse in the fact that she was given the money, before the age stated in the will?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to be able to assist you today.

While the personal representative did not execute the will as written (distributed the funds 3 years too early), there is not likely to be any sufficient cause of action here. The proper beneficiary received the funds, there was no misappropriation of funds, and the funds were properly accounted for.

Your daughter could raise an issue with the probate court, but any damages here would be extraordinarily limited (if any, of which I am doubtful).

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

If the mortgage borrower default on the loan, the lender is going to foreclose the mortgage. I presume that you already know that, so it is unclear as to what you mean by "how does the lender deal with a borrower etc.…"If you can clarify your question a little further I'm sure I can assist you with pertinent information.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

My apologies for the above, it appears that there was an error in the forum's server with another expert's conversation crossing over into ours.