How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Esquire Your Own Question
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Handled many probate matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Alex Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father passed away unexpectedly and he left me 100%

Customer Question

My father passed away unexpectedly and he left me 100% beneficiary over all his life insurance polices and his iras and his accidental life insurance through the insurance company on his house but jhe wasn't expected to pass and he didn't have time to put the house in my name and I'm trying to sell the house
JA: The Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I was just wanting to know if I have to go through probate
JA: OK. The Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No I have not
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally, unfortunately, if the ownership of the house owned by the deceased parent was not transferred to the child / heir, while the parent was alive, then the house would be placed in the deceased parent's estate and the estate would have to go through probate, before any estate assets can be distributed to any heir(s).

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.