Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My 92 year old grandmother passed away and her husband of 12

Customer Question

My 92 year old grandmother passed away and her husband of 12 years will not produce a copy of the will. How do I get a copy? We have a copy of the one filed before she remarried, but we were told it had changed.We don't know where to start.
Also, she was legally blind and 100% dependandt on this man after he destroyed her relationship with both of her children. He convinced her that they had stolen from her and took over her finances, married her and put everything except 1 bank account in his name only. This was done to hide assets from the state before she went into a nursing home. There is $150K and 4 homes in 2 states all together.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for your loss.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

The will must be produced by law. You may remind him of that and if he wont produce you may take him to court.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

also, if he files it, it would be on file in surrogate court.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

from what you mentioned you should consider having an estates lawyer retained to get the will but also contest it on grounds of fraud, undue influence, and lack of capacity

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if that is clear, and if I can clarify anything, just ask me.