How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My financial advisor moved to another financial company and

Customer Question

My financial advisor moved to another financial company and wanted me to transfer my money with his new firm. He sent me paperwork to sign for ordering the transfer of my money to this new company which I did not do. Now he is informing me that the company withheld my taxes. Would like to know the implication when I will have to file my 2016 taxes and what will happen if I do not sign with the new company at all in the future. Is there a special form that I will have to file for my deductions and exemption? and what about the refunds because I already paid more than my due tax amont for the 2016 taxes.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you didnt sign anything the account should not have moved. There should be no tax except for standard taxes on realized gains, dividends, etc. If they wrongly sold or took deductions that needs to be corrected by them immediately.