How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 57372
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am now preparing my 2015 taxes as I requested an

Customer Question

I am now preparing my 2015 taxes as I requested an extension. I made a gift of $9000 to my daughter by check and also paid part of her monthly rent in 2015 with a Bank transfer. How should I proceed to declare these gifts and what does she have to do on her side?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

she doesnt have to do anything. You fill out a gift tax return, form 709.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Please click on a positive rating.