How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33445
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I do if sons girlfriend gives false statements of

Customer Question

What do I do if sons girlfriend gives false statements of being executor of estate to hospital ( can't get medical records ),10 friends sign affidate plus her to say she was beneficiary to life insurance policy and checked married box (all lies ) ,gave back a motorcycle to finance company when I paid $7000 for down payment, pulled the plug on hospital life support, would not give ok so we could bury son until the only choice was cremation, she knew they were not husband and wife nor did they represent as such ....has since withdrew and has taken all money from sons bank account
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Son was murdered
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. My condolences for your loss.
Has an estate been opened in probate?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Are you online with me?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
In any event, you need to open an estate in the probate court for your son and be appointed representative. As the representative, you would have legal authority to demand the return of any assets which were misappropriated from the estate or order the payment of damages for the theft.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If she refuses to comply with your demands to return estate assets the court can hold her in contempt. She would then be subject to civil and criminal sanctions, including payment of fines and even incarceration.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
It is recommended, since this appears contentious, that you retain local probate counsel to assist you with this. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise: is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty.  The attorneys are all peer rated.  So, they represent the top of the profession.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.