Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I've been living in my grandfather's house, with his

Customer Question
knowledge, and without paying rent...
I've been living in my grandfather's house, with his knowledge, and without paying rent for the last 6 years. He died a little over a year ago, and since his death I took over the payments to the bank. I am not sure if the bank is aware that my grandfather. Do I and my four children (two of which are registered at the school down the street) have any squatters rights? Has the statutory period now run out? If so, how do I obtain the deed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
5/26/2016
Estate Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 1 year ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Thank you for your question. I need more information. Did your grandfather leave a Will? If not, did he leave a spouse or any other descendants? Has anyone filed a probate case yet? Was he named as the sole grantee on the deed to the property?
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney