How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42887
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was just informed my mother is meeting with her trust

Customer Question

I was just informed my mother is meeting with her trust attorney in az, where I am the irrevocable trustee that was emptied and invested by my father before he died. It was 2 million. The regular trust is worth 8 million and has the balance of the family. I have run the family business 20 years alone and 20 with my father, I paid him over 3 million during retirement. I found check copies I wrote to vendors in 2008 where all my signatures were torn off. I fear he used them to change the trust. I have never received a copy of the trust and was only made aware of my trust several months before he died. He emptied it 7 months before he died and invested it all over the world. I plan to make a surprise visit to my mother's meeting and would like advise on how to handle this situation. Is there a public record area where I can find my trust.?
Thank you,
Richard Haas
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. You should try to crash the meeting and find out what is going on.You have rights here as an irrevocable trustee and a duty to find out whats involved.You have both rights and a duty to investigate and be involved. I would also consider a professional complaint against the lawyer if he was involved. File here You may also need your own lawyer too as you would have an interest here. Arizona Maricopa County Lawyer Referral ServicePhoenix, AZ Phone:(###) ###-####oll free:(###) ###-####ounties Served: Maricopa Pima County Bar Association LRSTucson, AZ Phone:(###) ###-####ounties Served: Pima I appreciate the chance to help here.Thanks again.