How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19321
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend and I lived in a mobile home together. I paid

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I lived in a mobile home together. I paid for the place and can prove it. But the park manager only put his name on the title. We never got if fixed. My boyfriend passed a way. Now his family is trying to kick me out. He died without a will. Do I have any rights? I live in Indiana
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, if your name is ***** ***** the property and you were not married, his family can claim the property and remove you from the premises unless you file lawsuit to stop them. You would need to show in your lawsuit that an error was made in putting the property only in his name because you paid for the property and you have documents to prove the purchase. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.