Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I am looking to see if I can bill my mother

Customer Question
for caregiving services for the...
I am looking to see if I can bill my mother for caregiving services for the past four years. we had an oral agreement but I haven't collected amounts she owed me. Now she may go to a nursing home and I am wondering If I can collect these amounts due for the past four years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
5/17/2016
Estate Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
assuming that you agreed on the price and duration of the services. There is no reason why you cannot recover reasonable fees in light of the care giving services provided to your mother pursuant to the oral agreement.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
would I actually have to have her pay me and transfer cash and her investments to me or to pay me or could I simply show the debt outstanding to me and leave her investments sit in her name and then qualify for medicaid
You should get paid in the same manner as a typical care giver would be paid, invoiced and then paid.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is for four years....with no payments until now.... it would be$120000 or more.
Was that the price agreed upon and did your mother have sound mind at the time the agreement was made? Otherwise, it could be argue that your mother was unduly influenced to give you a 120k. Check around to see if your fees are reasonable to ensure that you are not charging an excessive fee.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to actually transfer the money and I cannot leave it in her name.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello?
Your mother has to pay you and you should not transfer the money yourself.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am her POA she is disabled.
Understood, than comply with the terms of the POA regarding transferring the funds.Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney