How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42880
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Let me give you some background my uncle passed away may 3

Customer Question

let me give you some background my uncle passed away may 3 2016
in charottesvile va I have contacted his care giver about the will and she says
she is the only one mentioned in the will. I have contacted the county clerks office and they do not have a will on file
this matter does need to go to probate and she does have to file the will
I have contacted here twice she says she will send me copy this has not happed
please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today. You may consider your own lawyer to make application for probate.There likely is no will and you can be named the personal representative.You can gather assets, sell them, pay any claims including your fee for doing this and then distribute the funds to the legal heirs under the laws of intestacy. Anytime there is a stall like this thre likely is no will and you may be an heir here under laws of intestacy-no will.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Laws of intestacy--no will
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
NC state bar has lawyer referral here To reach the Lawyer Referral Service by phone, please call 1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-#### ***** LRS does NOT make referrals for pro bono or "low cost" legal services. If you use the LRS, it will cost you $50 for an initial 30 minute consultation with the attorney.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again for the chance to help you, if you can positive rate when we are done it is always sincerely appreciated.