How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31687
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a Co-Trustee and a Beneficiary to my elderly living Uncles

Customer Question

I'm a Co-Trustee and a Beneficiary to my elderly living Uncles Irrevocable Trust. His Broker contacted me informing me the other Trustee, my Uncles Grandson has been using funds for his personal use. I contacted my Uncles Attorney who prepared the Trust to notify him and have heard nothing.........what do I need to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
You've done the right thing by contacting the attorney......and if you want to handle this informally, you can have the other trustee return the money and then have him removed as trustee to prevent any future abuse/misuse. Alternatively, you could file suit against the other trustee for breaching his fiduciary duty and demand a return of the money and for his removal (this is the path you'd likely need to take IF he refuses to bow out voluntarily.

Related Estate Law Questions