How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7306
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom passed away and left me as executive of the wheel and

Customer Question

My mom passed away and left me as executive of the wheel and she left the house to my baby brother my baby brother Phil behind in paying taxes so he agreed to let my daughter live in the house and pay the taxes she is now three years behind the taxes I would like to evict her
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for contacting just answer. The executor of the will had a duty to probate the will which passed title to "baby brother". Was that done? If brother did not sign the deed over to sister, then he still owns the house and can take control of it. Or he can deed it to you if he wishes, and provided that he is in an adult now. It is important to do something now, before the house is lost to a tax sale. You may be in a very complex situation and it might be better to have a telephone conference about this matter. I will offer you that option. If you click on the ACCEPT, we will exchange contact phone numbers, and we can have this conversation yet this morning.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
HELLO AGAIN. I hope that my Answer has been helpful. If you need more information, please send me a Reply. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.