How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41043
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad is the only surviving parent to my sister who just passed

Customer Question

my dad is the only surviving parent to my sister who just passed away. In order for me to obtain administrative status over her estate, my 94 year old father has to sign a waiver authorizing me to do so. Can his power of attorney sign and notarize the form?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ry a here to help you today. Yes but you need to make sure the POA authorizes this and you will need to attach a copy of the POA and file with the waiver.This eliminates any questions about the POA and authority here.Again you file both documents when you make application and this should take care of the matter. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and I wish you the best.Sorry for your loss of sister.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreicated.

Related Estate Law Questions